Home » Buko Pandan Chiffon Cake
Recipe by aMiable Foods (amiablefoods.com)
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Total Time : 35 minutes
Servings : 12 servings
2 cups cake four
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
8 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
½ cup canola oil / vegetable oil
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp Buco Pandanness Flavoring
For the meringue
8 eggs whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
½ cup sugar
For Cream Filling (optional)
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup powder sugar (sifted)
Pre-heat oven at 160°C / 320°F and line 2pcs x 21cm x25cm baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Making the meringue
Separate egg whites and yolks. Set aside yolks for later use. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites using a hand mixer until frothy. Tip in cream of tartar and beat again for 3 – 4 minutes. Add sugar gradually or in 3 batches while beating in medium speed until stif peak.
Making the batter
1. Sift cake four, baking powder, and salt 3 times into a bowl. Set aside. 2. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks using a wire whisk or hand mixer. Add sugar and submerge bowl in warm water. Beat until sugar completely dissolves. 3. When sugar is dissolved, remove bowl from warm water and continue beating until color turns pale. Add canola oil, coconut milk, and buco pandanness favoring. Mix well until fully incorporated.
4. Tip in cake four mixture and gently fold with the wet ingredients. Continue folding until no traces of four is left.
5. Using a rubber spatula, add 2 scoops of meringue and mix in with the batter one at a time. When completely incorporated, transfer the batter into the meringue bowl and fold in until fully combined.
6. Fill two baking pans with equal parts of batter. Tap the baking pans a couple of times on top fat surface to release air bubbles.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until top of chifon cake turns golden brown and inserted toothpick come out clean.
8. Carefully remove from the oven then immediately fip the pans onto a wire rack lined with parchment paper and release the cakes. Turn them topside up and let it cool.
Making the cream filling (optional)
1. While waiting for the chifon cakes to cool down, you can make the cream flling by whipping the cream with a hand mixer. Add the powder sugar carefully until smooth and creamy.
2. Take one of the chifon cake and spread cream flling on top then place the other chifon cake on top of the cream flling. Slice to preferred serving size. Bon appetit!
For retailer & distribution inquiries you may get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECK OUT MORE RECIPES AT ubeness.com